What should I do if I have a toothache?

If you are suffering from a painful toothache, something is wrong that requires attention. Contact us immediately to organize an appointment as soon as possible. Painkillers such as Ibuprofen or Paracetamol are recommended; do not exceed the maximum dose. Homeopathically - hypericum, chamomilla, belladonna or ferrm phos.

What should I do if I have a swelling?

Swellings are caused by an infection. Contact us immediately to arrange an appointment. We will see you the same day.

What should I do if I have fractured my tooth?

Fractured teeth can usually be restored so there is no need to panic. If the tooth is painful, avoid hot/cold and eating/biting on that side. Painkillers such as Ibuprofen or Paracetamol may help. Pain-free treatment is usually available by contacting us quickly.

What if I have lost a crown?

Keep your crown safe so it can be re-cemented as soon as possible to avoid damage or the need for root canal treatment. Contact us immediately.

What if I have broken my denture?

Broken dentures can usually be repaired relatively easily. Please resist the temptation to glue them together yourself as this often makes a repair very difficult. Contact us to organise the repair.

What if I have knocked a tooth out?

The tooth needs to be re-implanted into the socket immediately. If possible, clean any debris from the surface with clean water, try not to touch the root and do not scrub. Place the tooth back into the socket and splint in place with solver paper. DO NOT place the tooth in water. If you cannot re implant, place the tooth in cold milk or on one side of your mouth between your teeth and cheeks. Contact the practice for advice.

Here is a helpful video link - https://www.dentaltrauma.co.uk/Index.aspx